Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

From the aching muscles of me

So here we are at WWWW again. So much has happened but I'll get the business stuff out of the way first.
I got on the scales this morning and I am very disappointed. My "loss" last week has been "found" - I weigh 112.2kg :(
I contribute this to having a very social Friday. A Mexican farewell lunch for two colleagues and then drinks and nibblies at a party Friday night. I did try to use my will power but I have a friend who makes UNBELIEVABLE home made dips and I couldn't resist. Good news is that my friends are on board and are aware that the real deal has now started and they're counting the weeks and calories with me. Thanks ladies - you know who you are :)
Thinking back, I also realise that my water has been a bit light over the last two days - time to refocus on the water consumption.
Now you're probably wondering what else I've been up to and how does that relate to the heading?
On Monday I went back to the gym for the first time since starting my second job. It's been 8 weeks. I wasn't really feeling up to it but I thought JFDI and so I got in the car and drove there. By the time I got there I'd given myself plenty of excuses to just to 10 mins on the treadmill, the bike and the cross traininer. As I walked up the flight of stairs I realised what I was doing. Creating excuses beyond belief. So very definite I scanned my swipe, put my bag in my locker and headed into the class room. I knew a class was starting in about 20 minutes. Yes, I could have been doing cardio in the meantime but I was worried that if I left the room I wouldn't return, so I stayed. Slowly the room filled up. I felt like a fig tree in amongst a forest of saplings but I refused to leave. I could feel myself going red from embarrassment as I stood there in my jelly moulds. Shortly thereafter the instructor entered. Too late to leave now. What the!? OMG!! I was about to endure my first class of Combat. I started off enthusiastic and after a while assumed we must be getting close to the hour as my clothes were saturated, I was out of breath and knackered - I looked at my watch - we were barely 5 mins in. I refused to give up, I stuck out the 60 minutes although I didn't jump as much as the others, I never stopped moving. At the end of the class I felt the need to apologise to the instructor for not participating all the time, so I did. He was very nice and said that he was impressed for my first Combat class and expected to see me again. Wham!! There's the boost of confidence I needed, so I agreed and said I'd be back to 'clutter up his class' on Friday. Well today is Wednesday and I'm still extremely sore. I've go Zumba tonight and I hope that I recuperate before Friday. I know I'll be sore for the first few weeks because it's new. I will hopefully also have my HRM by then as my phone app told me I'd burnt just under 1000 cals for the class - if that's accurate, good luck keeping me away!
I haven't been eating anything exciting so no recipes to share. I will be doing a cook up on Sunday though so if I create anything exciting I'll be sure to share! Till then my friends xo
PS I see I'm on 435 views - I never thought I'd crack 100, much less this many - it's very motivating to see!!

4 comments:

  1. Body Combat is one of my favourite classes to do at the gym, I always burnt lots of calories doing that class. Like you, I was red and sweaty after only the warmup. I remember the first time I was doing it, I kept pulling my t-shirt down, because I didn't want everyone to see all my fat wobbling around. The second time I gave up and just didn't care and before I knew it, I was just engrossed in the class and obsessed :)

    Keep it up and can't wait to see what your HRM tells you when you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right behind ya Milla......No more dips for you but I havent forgotten my hazelnut promise....
    You CAN do this
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight I'll do Step with my HRM - stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to bad weather (another excuse I know) I didn't go to step but stayed at home and did my workout. Attempt 2 will be on Friday as I'm working tonight and tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete