Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Naming, shaming and breaking down my excuses.

I’m too fat to….
….. well if I’m not exercising and keeping an eye on what passes my lips, that’s not going to change.

I don’t have anyone to do it with….
…… I don’t need someone to hold my hand, I’m there to exercise, with time I’ll get to know others there.

I’m not fit enough to…..
…… duh, why do I think I’m working out?

I don’t know anyone to…….
…… as above – why do I need someone? I’ll meet new people.

I’m too chunky to……..
….. once again, that’s not going to change if I don’t.

It’s too hot/cold to…..
…… grab a jumper or do swimming as your exercise.

It’s too late to……
…… I should have made time earlier but I didn’t so I will do something inside like jump on the mini tramp.

I don’t have time to….
…… I will make time. I will get up earlier. I will beat my excuses.

Why bother….
…… because if I don’t, how can I expect things to change?


This was a hard lesson to go through, I don’t think I’m through it yet. I’ve been thinking about it all week and it’s helping me keep motivated. I can do this and I will do this and my first step is to smash all these barriers I’ve put up. I need to make myself happy so that I can make others happy.

If I keep going the way I’m going then I’m still going to be in the place I am now.

Someone once told me that stupidy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Well not this little black ducky! I took a sneak peek on the scales this morning and if the number I saw today sticks around then I’ll be stoked. 110.1kg – that would be a loss of 2.1kg. After a disappointing shift yesterday and not burning as much as I’d hoped, I’m planning on smashing it today. I had 89km to run as part of my challenge. I have run 19.5 km so far so roughly 70km to go. Will really need to push to get this through in January – thank goodness for public holidays!! Speak soon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment