Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 2 March 2012

Make the choice - be happy.

After a rather turbulent (both emotionally and physically) week, I woke up this morning knowing full well what my very first decision would be.
I am in charge of my life and I choose to be happy so today is a good day.
It's the best decision I can make in a day and it sets the tone for the rest of the day. It also makes it so much easier to follow on with the right attitude and before you know it, it's a habit. You're smiling because you're happy, not because you're forced. Life in turn becomes easier, the worries in your life seem smaller and everything more manageable. I have finally reached this stage in my journey.
Bouncing out of bed at 5 am, I was ready to take on the world. The normal hesitation and deliberation over what to wear was non-existant this morning. I grabbed a pair of jeans (already knowing they would fit) and a shirt out of the wardrobe and put them on with confidence. I checked myself out in the mirror (which isn't full size) and I was happy with what I saw. No, I'm not a super model, but I can see the changes I'm making are having a positive effect. I loved not having to try on a thousand outfits to see which one was the least embarrassing or trying to "pour myself" into clothes and trying not to look like strung pork because I refused to believe my actual size and would prefer to squeeze into something way too small.
I was even confident enough to get someone to take a pic of me today so you can see where I'm up to, and I've got to say, I'm loving these jeans. Still not a fan of photos but I know once I reach my goal then I will be very happy that I have photographic evidence of my journey.
My big lessons this week are learning not to settle for second best - that I am worthy and I deserve to have the best.

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! You are making awesome changes Camilla- both physically and mentally. Well done.

    ReplyDelete