Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 4 March 2012

Reverse Growth Spurt?

It’s lunch time and I’m proud to admit I’ve already smashed out 871 calories this morning. Yes it’s 129 calories short, but I’m sure I’ll get that done.

When you’re little, you require a lot of sleep when you’re going through your growth spurts – it’s expected, it’s normal.

I’m starting to wonder if the same is required when you’re reversing that process?

I’ve been steadily losing weight and I’m ecstatic with the results, however I think it’s starting to have its effects. Yesterday I worked a standard day in my retail job and by lunch time I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep. By the time I got home, I crawled into bed and don’t even recall turning out the light.

I slept all the way through till this morning where I bounced out of bed ready to conquer Mt Archer.

The lovely Angie was my support. We started our walk at the bottom and I was confident I’d make it – that confidence was quickly fading only 12 minutes in. I didn’t realise how steep it was or how warm it was. Angie was kind enough to slow down to my turtle speed and slowly we conquered the mountain. 871 calories to conquer the mountain. I certainly think I need a lot more training before my next attempt.

As soon as I got home, I had a shower, brekkie and popped the first load of washing on. Lying on the couch I felt tired, so I set my alarm to go off roughly the same time as the machine, and once again, out like a light. I’ve done three loads today and slept during all of them. Scarily enough, I’m still tired. I’ve been regularly getting my 7.5 hours sleep so the only thing I can blame this on is my ‘reverse growth spurt’ – would love to know if there is such a thing?! Is this napping doing me more harm than good? I’ve had my iron levels checked, and they’re fine.

Anyway, I’m sure it’s nap time before dinner…. zzzzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment