Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday 5 April 2012

ACV as a Dressing?

Yesterday was my standard hectic day trying to fit in 34 hours worth of activities in a 24 hour time frame. I managed to squeeze a gym session in so I'm pretty proud of that.
My real reason for this post though is ACV.
Apple Cider Vinegar
I've heard about it. I've tried it. I gave it up. Now it's back.
ACV has been known to have many health benefits including aiding digestion and assisting in weight loss. I've only ever consumed it mixed with water but last night I was introduced to something new.
I hadn't managed to squeeze in a visit to the grocery store so when I was asked if I'd like a visitor who'd bring dinner, I didn't hesitate. Ofcourse I would as long as it's healthy.
Dinner comprised of cos lettuce, broccoli, carrot and cucumber with a side of bbq chook (no skin). The dressing was ACV and Virgin Olive Oil mixed in 2 parts ACV to 1 part oil. I was dubious as to how this would work but amazingly it was refreshing and went really well with the salad. I think I've just found a new use for ACV! Probably isn't the best thing to mix it with oil when you're watching calories but it was nice.
Does anyone else use ACV? What do you use it for? Does it work for you?

3 comments:

  1. I don't use it and have never tried it. But would give it a go. I am not that keen on salad dressings, would much prefer to eat them plain!
    Rockymel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't drunk it but I've used it as a hair rinse...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My salad was a bit limp so it added some nice zing to it. Very impressed with the results. I also drink it in water. I figure it can't do any harm - right.

    ReplyDelete