Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday 5 April 2012

Is Your Recipe For Success Missing Something?

Yesterday's gain has still stumped me a little. Yes, I know that I slipped on the eating but I couldn't help but think there was more to it than that.
Last night it clicked. For the last 2 weeks I've had a LOT of late nights, not just one here and there. I started wondering whether getting insufficient sleep might have a negative effect on results.
After researching, it turns out it does. So how do you know if you're getting enough sleep? The average person needs between 7-9 hours sleep. If you go to bed and let your body just sleep out and wake naturally without going back to sleep you'll know how much you need. I personally need 7.5 hours per night to be at my optimal performance. Over the last fortnight I've been averaging 6.
Although I'm still functioning, I could be doing better.
So now that I have this knowledge I need to use it. No point in knowing it and playing ignorant.
New rule is brought in to play. My bed time will be no later than 9.30pm 6 out of 7 days per week. This means that I'm going to have nights where I come home from Bunnings and just crash, but so be it.
I also think I might find I won't be so obsessed with scales and numbers if I've got enough sleep. Time to start trialling this little baby and see how I go. I will report back in a couple of days to let you know if it improves.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter and remember that a moment on the hips can be a lifetime on the hips. Eat the chocolate sparingly - stick with a carrot the Easter Bunny left behind instead ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment