Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Shifting kilos, losing cms and growing biceps – How I did in Round 1 2012

Today is the final weigh in for Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation 2012 Round 1.

I weighed in at 98.1kg, that’s a gain of 500g from last week but that can be blamed on hormonal changes, the fact that I had pizza, jelly shots and vodka slushies on Saturday night and even managed to have a small plate of Nachos over the weekend. I’m accountable and I know where it’s from so I’m happy with that.

That puts me at a total weight loss of 8.1kg for this round, 14.5kg since initially signing up with the program and a massive loss of 59.5cm (well it would have been more as I lost 67cm but gained 7.5cm between both my biceps)! My waist is now 99 cm – that’s a huge decrease from the 128cm it started at. I’ve also gone from wearing a size 24 uniform, down to a size 18 (and I’ve just placed an order for size 16s!!!).

So apart from the physical changes, has anything else changed?

Where do I start?! I’ve never been more aware of how my body works and what fuel it requires to do the job I want it to do. I’ve eliminated high calorie junk that I used to live on before, I’ve swapped juices and Pepsi Max for water, swapped high calorie cereals for healthy, filling low calorie ones – my entire view on food intake has changed. I pay more attention to the deficits in my diet and try to cover them rather than just eating what my head wants me to eat.

I’ve gone from being a facebook addict and couch potato to someone who regularly enjoys running – yep, I’m a runner now, and I climb mountains and attend the gym regularly. I’ve never been busier in my life but I’ve also never enjoyed it more. Each day is a blessing and I squeeze 110% out of them all. As per the famous quote:

“Life is not a dress rehearsal” Rose Tremain – author.

I’m now living each day to its fullest. I make time for family and friends. Most importantly, I make time for me.

I’ve always been a confident person in my work life, but never in my personal life. This is changing. My self esteem and confidence is soaring compared to where it used to be. I’m now taking more risks and because of this, I’m doing things I wouldn’t normally and I’m finding I love the challenge.

It hasn’t been an easy journey, and there have been many times where I’d had enough and wanted to quit, but I never did. I kept persisting, I knew consistency was the key. Yes, I broke the rules, I didn’t stick to it 100%, if I had I’d probably be seeing heaps better results, but I’m happy with what I’ve done. I’ve kept living, I’ve kept enjoying life. This is a lifestyle change, not a bandaid fix that will work once I do it and then when it stops, my weight creeps back on. Nope, sorry, not this time round, this time it’s off for good because I don’t plan on giving up healthy eating. I don’t plan on quitting exercise because I love it. It’s now part of my life and I like it like that.

Thanks again to all of you who have supported me throughout this entire round. With the ability to celebrate such great success, I’ve signed up eagerly for round 2 and I can’t wait to do it all again and see what I can accomplish this time. I keep surprising myself and I’m not used to that.

I’ll keep posting and would love for you to keep reading and commenting. Even if my story inspires just one person to make a change for the better, then this blog will have been worthwhile. I’ll post full stats and pics later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment