Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 17 June 2012

The Struggles Within

I'm a lot quieter this round than last round. There's a lot of reasons for that. I've eluded to most of them through various posts but as I flick through the forums and the pages on facebook I think there needs to be a post devoted to just that.
You are not alone.
It's not a weird way to feel.
Others have been where you are.
I'm at the stage where my weightloss is noticeable and the comments coming my way range from "Where could you possibly lose more weight" or "Are you going to stop soon?".
The sweetest comments are from my partner and I know they're genuine and true, but for some reason these other comments are met in my head at a crossroads.
I know I've done a lot of work to get where I am but I don't believe I deserve the accolades I'm getting. I haven't done anything unusual or something nobody else can do.
I'm following a program someone else has set up. It works. The sums and research have been done for you. There's no magic pill or secret formula only certain people are let in to.
It all comes down to clean eating and moving your butt.
Don't let others take your glory when it comes to your weight loss. You did it. You worked hard.
I can't do your work for you. Mish can't do it for you.
You need to do it.
It's not easy. Anybody who said it was, hasn't done it.
It's damned hard work and there's so much sweat involved it's not funny.
It is possible though and yes, even you can do it.
If your overall goal is overwhelming, break it down.
Whether you lose 52kg in a year or 1kg per week, I know one sounds a lot easier than the other.
Focus on what you can do, not on what you can't.
Oh and my biggest lesson learnt so far....
...don't compare yourself to others!
We're all on similar journeys but they're not the same. Each one of us has so many unique variables that makes us unique and different from each other.
Track your own journey, set your own goals and step forth and achieve them.
If I can do this, then you can too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment