Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Losing Weight and Gaining Life

I’ve been neglecting you all a bit haven’t I? I’m looking at the dates of my posts and I can see the time lapse between them slowly increasing.
Funnily enough, when you lose weight, you gain life. To me, it’s a pretty fair swap. I’ve never enjoyed living life as much as I do right now. Living life has taken over, I’m no longer the facebook addict glued to the screen ready to ‘like’ and comment on any irrelevant post that pops up only because I have nothing better to do. These days you’re more likely to find me
outside pounding the pavement as I go on my runs or exploring a national park
or meeting new people.
This round has been very haphazard and I take full responsibility. On the scales, there’s not much difference, but in my appearance and mindset, it’s like I’ve moved worlds. I’m still at peace with myself and I’m now finding that I’m smiling more and laughing more which in turn makes people talk to me and I meet new people. It’s a great little chain of events that becomes more addictive than the 3 o’clock chocolate.
Who would have thought that 12 months ago I was morbidly obese, hiding at home and daring only to go outside when the least amount of people would see me.
If there are any of you out there who follow this blog who AREN’T on the program but keep wishing that they could lose a few kgs or even a lot of kgs, don’t hesitate, please, take it from me. Take the first step now.
If I had started my journey 6 months earlier, I would be at my goal weight by now. I would be normal. I’d be able to post pics on here where I’m dressed like any other person who is in a healthy weight range.
The weight was like an illness. It held me back and made me feel yuck. I tried comfort food and high sugar foods and nothing has made me feel as good as being healthy.
So, on that note, I’ve got heaps to do and unfortunately I haven’t worked out how to increase the hours in my day so I have to shoot. I promise I’ll be more attentive and I’ll post again real soon.
I want to put some recipes together using protein powders so if anyone has suggestions – throw them my way. We need some more winter warming recipes.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment