Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 28 August 2012

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown - Day 2 - Round 3

The gauntlet has been thrown - let the challenge begin.



This morning I wake unexpectedly refreshed. Monday is generally a difficult day on its own without having to add two jobs to the mix to tire and test you. So after a long day yesterday I did a quick analysis on MFP to see how I had gone for the day.


**insert disappointing music here - whatever takes your fancy**


Uh-oh. Day 1, not quite there. No exercise as I worked 12 hours (I haven't been exercising on Mondays and Thursdays due to this but that's a challenge I'm taking on this round) however being that my second job is at Bunnings, it wasn't like I was sitting down on my bum hoping the fat cells would kamikaze off my body.

Total consumption for day one - 1419 calories. That's 219 calories above our allowance of 1200 per day. Hmm so the result is not as good as it could have been but also not as bad as it could have been. I resolve that today I will be within my 1200 calories.

Yesterday was carefully planned so why did I exceed my limit? Three-thirty-itis. Yep, we've heard about it - cup-a-soup invented it - and I caught it. Munchies like there was no tomorrow. As I only have relatively healthy snacks at work in my drawer (to eliminate having to go to a vending machine to buy an extra 500g to strap to my body) the damage was manageable.
This morning I had my "before" pics taken in my underwear, and although I haven't gained a heap, my physique does need to get back in to working out and toning. I'm looking a lot more flabby than I'd like for my weight. All good though, just another thing to focus on.
Today is also the first training session with my new PT, Chris. We've got a session at 5pm so I thought I'd better post this now as I'm not sure if I'll even be in a state to move after that. I'm quite excited and really looking forward to getting back in to the groove that I thoroughly enjoyed in round 1.
I'm back in the forums pestering people and I'll be more vocal in the fb groups too. I'm also in the process of coming up with my own motivational quotes that I'll live this round by so I've got something clever to tweet about on a more regular basis, but I guess that will come with time.
Now, there is a slight difference in this round compared to my others. I now have a lot more support as well as the faith and knowledge that the program works, I just need to let it. I am accountable for my own actions and in turn my own successes and failures.
This round already has some 'inbuilt' challenges that I've already agreed to. I have Warrior Dash coming up, a 10km Run challenge as part of the CQ Spring Classics. I am also determined to purchase a pushbike before Christmas and I'm going to become one of those annoying people that paint themselves in lycra and cycle on the outer edge of your road (which no doubt you'll feel ripped off because in your big four wheel drive, you need the entire road) - ha ha ha - only kidding - about the road joke that is, not the bike. I've never actually bought my own bike. The last bike I owned was one my parents bought me that subsequently ended up getting sold when I moved to Emerald. I have no idea whether I actually require a road bike or a mountain bike. All I know is that I want to be able to ride to the shop to get stuff rather than drive. I would love for the local council to create a bike path all the way from Gracemere to Rockhampton to allow me to ride to and from work but I think that's a bit far fetched and dreamy of me.
For those of you who are eagerly scrolling, hoping to see my 'before' pic- it's not here. After looking at it, I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable putting it out there quite yet. Give me a week or two and I'll share it with you.
Thank you to all of you who visit my blog on a regular basis - I think this round is the round we crack 15,000 views. I commit to you to include more recipes again and to keep more active on here to give you more to read.
This is "ShinyNewCamilla" signing out for the day (to finish my long black that's eagerly waiting for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment