Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 19 October 2012

A Midsummer’s Milestone

Dress: Summer Cocktail

Ever had one of those invites where just reading the words makes you more nervous than excited? That’s how I feel whenever I open the email that states the 12wbt finale tickets are now available for purchase.

As an obese person simply existing, fashion was not important, nor was learning what styles ‘suit’ me or how to interpret dress codes.

I’ve learnt 4 languages, and fashion is not one of them.

To me, pears, apples and oranges are fruits – I have no idea how they became body types. Am I elongated? Am I top or bottom heavy? I thought my weight was pretty evenly proportioned. It’s like walking in to a minefield.

I love travelling away to catch up with all the girls, I love the group workout, and I looove getting ready for the big event. The big event in itself still terrifies me. I’m not comfortable there.

In the past I’ve booked my tickets and had buyer’s remorse in the weeks leading up to it. This time I’m contemplating not buying my ticket immediately and if they sell out, then I guess that’s a sign that I wasn’t meant to go. Hmmmm doesn’t sound quite right but it’s what I’m ‘flowing’ with at the moment. I don’t have the money to buy the ticket till payday anyway, so I guess that’s the way it’s going to have to be. I’ll reassess the situation again next Wednesday.

In the meantime, if anyone has any thoughts on a dress that would suit me that matches the theme, please, pretty please post the link here so I can check it out.

If anyone reading this is a stylist - please leave me a comment if you can help me work out what suits me.

Thanks all – have a great weekend and smash up some calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment