Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Eating clean, working out and the scales aren't budging?

This has been my dilemma for a little while. Yes, I have snuck in some treats here and there, but I’ve done that before and still managed to lose weight.

This morning I jumped on the scales so gain a better understanding of what I could expect at weigh in tomorrow. A gain? Why do I even bother? This is a joke! What the hell is going on??

This morning I had my beans on multigrain toast, standard 255 calorie serve. I had my multivitamins and every other supplement under the sun – scanned them all in, only an additional 10 calories. I was determined to work out what on earth was going on.

I arrive at work, and obviously my morning coffee has started to kick in as I’m starting to think logically again. What has been different for the last 6-8 weeks, what’s changed? It didn’t take me long before the light bulb went on.

In the last 6-8 weeks I’d changed from drinking Skinny Girl Cosmos at half strength with soda water to drinking Rekorderlig Strawberry & Lime Cider. Now I still say the cider is my favourite drink by far, and yes, I’ve enjoyed every single bottle. As the cider is imported from Sweden it doesn’t have a nutritional label on it. Each time I had one I thought about how many could be in there but because it wasn’t written, and at the times I never looked it up, I kept drinking them.

Let’s have a look at the calorie comparison…

1 Glass Skinny Girl Cosmo (50ml) + Soda                 = 37 calories
1 Bottle Strawberry & Lime Cider                           = 315 calories


Whoa! What a difference! I’m not dumb, so why hasn’t this crossed my mind? Yesterday was project day – I wanted my veggie garden in and had to get some sort of order to my veranda, I spent all day moving about doing stuff, but I undid all that work with 3 cider stubbies at the end of the day! What a complete waste!!

As I think back over the last 6-8 weeks I would have consumed somewhere around 20 stubbies I think. So that equates to 6300 of extra calories whereas if I had stuck with my original drink, I’d be looking somewhere in the vicinity of 740-750 calories. That is roughly the equivalent of just two cider stubbies. Hello weight gain!

Now that I’ve made this discovery – which I shouldn’t have been surprised at and I should have known – I can go about making the changes I need to really finish this round on a high. No more cider till Christmas. Back to Skinny Girl Cosmos and even then, limiting them.

Punishment. The one word everyone tells me to stay clear of. Own it, work it through and move on is the general mantra. I believe in punishment. I’ve done the wrong thing, therefore if I want my great results in shorter time I have to be punished. Well it’s not really punishment as I’m heading towards my own goals.

I have 6 weeks to remove 12kg from my body or I will not be attending Sydney finale. I am not going to pay money  for a dress and accommodation etc to go down there without any changes. I felt bad enough in Perth, not doing it again. Time to be more vigilant and keep on top of this. I will check in tomorrow but it will be with a heavy heart as the disappointment was self-sabotage caused by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment