Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday 18 April 2013

Comfort Food.... Low Calorie Lasagna

Cook the two lots of mince together, add passata, keep cooking, add herbs and garlic for flavour (I forgot to add these to the recipe). Let it cook over slow heat for about 40 minutes until it thickens. Stir in the cottage cheese and fresh spinach and mushrooms, let it sit on the heat until the spinach completely wilts. Then layer between fresh lasagna (fresh is always better, trust me, you WILL notice the difference) and top with cheese. The ingredients mentioned above are correct however some of the brand names aren't. The calories shouldn't vary too much. Go lightly on the cheese - I may have gone overboard, and I made two lasagnas out of this recipe and that made 17 portions.

 Cooking it on the stove
 Layering it
 My top layer is always a 'thin' one as the cheese goes on this
 I cooked both together in a moderate (180 deg cel) oven for approximately 40-50 minutes.
If you fill it too much, it will spill over, and yep, I have an oven to clean.
Seventeen serves. Would/Could have been 18 but there is one larger than average serve that looked like all mush.

1 comment: