Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 19 April 2013

Where'd the coffee go?

It's Friday morning and my cup of exquisitively brewed pod coffee has been consumed and only traces remain in my cup.

It's been an interesting week for me. I've felt like reviving the blog. Getting it 'happening' again. I 'release' so much when I write here. It's like a diary, except it's open for everyone to read. It's very liberating and freeing to write away my thoughts and feelings. So here I'm back again, and this will make post number three in a week - I don't think I've been this consistent for a few months now.
So where am I at? My weight hasn't changed since March. I haven't put any oomph into it. No focus. Nothing. So this morning I decided it was time to recommit to another program. With my loyalty towards 12wbt, I looked up the website and was disappointed to see the preseason still has another 24 days to go. Maybe it was time to break those apron strings, so I checked out Shannan's Challenge… it's already started and the next one kicks off in June. Damn it! My trip to Fiji is now 12 weeks away so I want something that starts sooner rather than later. I check out the Biggest Loser Club - finally an ongoing program, so I begin to sign up when the form crashes and won't let me complete it. Is this a sign? Hmmmm I don't think so, but maybe I should hold off till next week and decide what it is I really want.
I have signed up to a local challenge in the meantime though I've been in touch with Tash from Griffin PT 
based in Gracemere and I've signed up for the Lifestyle Bootcamp. This is a four week program that will see me doing as a minimum, 12 bootcamp sessions at 5 am, engaging in a 4 week nutritional plan, 2 x body analysis and gaining lots of fitness and hopefully shedding some weight in the progress. If you click on the link and end up signing up, please let her know that you were referred from "Camilla's Blog".
Next, I've been wondering what I can do to make this blog something that can help more people. At the moment I believe there's just family and friends signed up to receive my ramblings, but I want to make a bigger impact. I want to connect with people from all over the world and share in their journeys. Do you have a suggestion to help me make that happen? Would it be better to start a new blog with a new title and just have this as the 'prequel'? What are your thoughts on this? After all, you are my readers, my audience and my support.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Camilla,

    I just wrote a big reply to your post and lost it, so I'm writing it again. I haven't read your blog in a looooong time. This post really struck a chord with me. I'm on the current round of 12wbt and I've been stuck at 92/93kg since Jan 13th. I have loved 12wbt and Mish's mindset lessons. I didn't like much of the food though. And for me calories-in/calories out just hasn't worked. I got obsessed with counting calories and checking my BMR and I still didn't lose weight (not to mention how exhausting it was). So I started looking outside and I was watching a lot of videos on YouTube by Tosca Reno (the original woman who started the clean eating phenomenon). At the moment I'm just trusting this way of living, I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because the 92kg thing just got me so depressed despite my obsessive counting. But now my pants are falling off, my rings are sliding of my fingers, my skin is clear, and I have energy (sometimes I only sleep 4 hours at night and wake up refreshed). It seems so wrong to eat stacks of nuts, oils, avocados, eggs, etc, but I'm just trusting it for the time being. I'm interested to see what has happened with my weight, but I just don't care right now, maybe in a few more weeks.

    I just really relate to this post of your's. I'm sorry that this has become long. PS I stayed away from the Australian clean eating sites and just stuck with Tosca's site and videos, she is soooo lovely and straight. And best is that I haven't spent a cent. Of course I need to get onto the exercising more, but that is easy compared to the struggle I have with the nutrition side. But really you should see what I eat, almonds, walnuts, raisins, coconut (oil, milk, cream, water), eggs, heaps of green leaves, seeds (sunflower, pumpkin), dates, fruits, butter (some days). I just can't believe how it feels so wrong and yet it is so right! I think we're all so messed up in our heads about how to eat. Anyway, that's enough ranting from me.

    Love ya gorg xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your words Kath. Your ongoing and neverending support is amazing and I love you for it!! I've started researching Tosca Reno based on your post and I'm getting muddled very quickly. Are you able to give me a starting point? I'm not really sure where to start on this one but I definitely want to get all the information I can on it. I'll have to start planning a holiday to see you soon! xo

      Delete