Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 28 May 2013

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Gatsby. The Great Gatsby.

It’s one of those classics that you’ve heard of, but never heard about. It hadn’t really sparked my interest till the last Chicks at the Flicks. The loud pounding music, the twenties flapper-style costumes, Leo di Caprio – I was hooked. I had to see it. With great anticipation I’d waited for last night.

When I arrived, I realised this was going to be a first for me. My first 3D Movie! I was given some geeky looking horn rimmed glasses and my bag of goodies (the whole reason I’m in love with Chicks at the Flicks).

The lights dim, the words on the screen tell me to put my geek glasses on. Wow. It’s like things are actually flying at me. At first I feel a little queasy and uneasy but I soon settle to enjoy the movie.

Without giving too much away, the movie was amazing. The costumes were amazing and gorgeous, the soundtrack was thumping and connected straight to my heart and the story line was truly genius. It’s hard to believe this was based on a novel written in the mid 1920s. The actors did their job so well that at times I was so involved I forgot it was a movie.

I give this 4 out of 5 stars! The hour and a half goes quicker than you imagine. If you’re going to see a movie this month – I highly recommend the Great Gatsby. I’m so inspired I think I’m even going to hunt down the book to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment